The ICF defines coaching as “partnering with clients in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires them to maximize their personal and professional potential.”
It is essential to clarify that:
- Coaching is not therapy, consulting, mentoring, or training.
- Coaching does not fix what is broken. Coaching makes what is good better.
- Coaching is an investment.
- Coaching improves time management.
- Coaching can provide a confidence boost.
- Coaching may provide immediate results; however, it is better to build a long-term plan.
- Coaching provides accountability and assistance in taking action.
- Coaching offers unconditional support.
- Coaching provides an opportunity to get a different perspective.
- Coaching enhances your communication skills.